The ultrasound shows that after acupuncture, the colour of womens ovaries change from cloudy to bright and clear. The follicles usually double in number, the lining of the uterus becomes thicker, and the number of embryos increases significantly. For male patients, the semen quality significantly improves and the sperm number greatly increases.
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine improve successful pregnancy rates for couples using IVF treatment by:
- Improving the function of ovaries to produce better quality eggs
- Regulate the hormones to produce a larger number of follicles
- Increasing blood circulation to uterus and increasing the thickness of the uterus lining
- Relaxing the patients and decreasing the stress levels
- Prevent the uterus contracting
- Reduce IVF medication side effects
- strengthen the immune system
- Improve semen to create better quality and quantity of embryos
- Reduce the chance of miscarriage.
Hopefully this information gives couples who are experiencing difficulties in conceiving a new hope and new approach to dealing with this common and difficult condition.